Wednesday, April 18, 2007

massacre hero


A 76-year-old professor who survived the Holocaust was shot to death while saving his students from the Virginia Tech assailant, students said.

By now you are probably like me. You have been glued to the television for some information about the Virginia Tech Massacre. You want more than Fox News and CNN's new "Massacre-mini-Series" and dark yet drawing theme song. You want to know more about the actual people and what went on.

I introduce you to Liviu Librescu, a true hero. The ironic thing about all of this is his nationality...Liviu was from Israel (by way of Romania). He survived hardships, the Nazis, the Holocaust, and surviving in the American University system. Monday all of that ran out for him.

If you don't know his story yet I encourage you to google him. You'll see the definition of Love surrounding him.

Jesus said, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."--Matthew 15:13. Professor Librescu lived out that love on Monday when he literally put his body in front of his classroom door to allow 18-24 year old men and women the opportunity to escape the wrath of a man with gun.

Why?

Did he think about his family? Did he think about his students? Did he understand Jesus' words? Did he just do what came naturally? Did he see his life as entering into the final stages and see the young lives around him? Did he care about others more than himself? Why would he do it?

Why do I walk the other way when hard things are in front of me? What would I do? I don't know how to answer at this point...I can only pray that God will allow me to escape the threat of a gunman to determine how my character will be revealed.

www.myLIFEspeaks.com

Blessings and Prayers,
--mike ><>

No comments: